Saturday, January 3, 2015

London Applauding (Day 7)

Today it was rainy and cold and everything I expected London to be (wonderful, lively, polite). First and foremost,

any demon barbers out today?
After a very long commute, we finally arrived at Notting Hill,

mushrooms!
where we (well, I) immediately got a UFO-sized crepe!

it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a crepe!
greedy-eyed and cold

cold, wet, and happy
Portobello Road actually winds for about two miles, so there was lots to see (don't think we actually walked the whole road). What was really cool was we saw where George Orwell lived! Remember that building I said was in Batman? Well, apparently ol' Georgie modeled the Ministry of Truth off it. Cool, amirite?

moving here immediately (for the crepes)
After we were chilled to the bone, we hopped on the tube to Leicester Square. And when I say we, I mean Natalie, because some slow-as-molasses hoodlum got in my way and I missed the train. Crying, crying, crying for the rest of my life. It's okay, we were reunited at the next stop, but I saw you laughing, guy-who-caught-the-train.

ft. fast sister who catches all trains
Once at our destination, we spotted a delicious restaurant in Chinatown called the Golden Phoenix where I ate the most delectable duck plucked right from the pond.

wait, what's he having

mmm, stuffed
We went back to the same cafe we had coffee and tiramisu, this time indulging in a cappuccino:

praise the Italians






Did I mention we managed to scrounge up two cheapo standing tickets to a full house of Les Mis? Well, we did! And off we went.











!!!!!!!!
If you were unsure what standing tickets are, they're last-minute tickets given to procrastinators (or spontaneous people) to stand in the back of the balcony. For the price we got, I'll take it any day.

not a bad view for £13
Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), it was amazing beyond compare. The stage floor rotated; need I say more?

we are not miserable
I'm actually part of the play
and I thought I had a big head


I'm seeing triple

our photographer is fired

No comments:

Post a Comment