Monday, July 18, 2016

The Sound of Salzburg

Budapest - Vienna - Salzburg

Part 3: Salzburg

The last of the three-day trip was spent in Salzburg, Austria, home of the Sound of Music! We had the option to pay for a Sound of Music movie tour, to view various spots from the film, but I opted out in order to explore the city on my own.

countryside of Austria

You can imagine how much the tiny town of Salzburg boasts its reputation as the site for the Sound of Music -- it was shown throughout the city!








ft. flowers
Such as on this pig!

and horse fountains

and even a duck?












Part 1348515 of dead winter trees -->













<3









The beautiful Salzach River, which flows through the city.

can you spot it?










Later, we would hike the hillsides up to the Hohensalzburg Castle, and then to a brewery run by monks, seen here!












But first, Salzburg is also the birthplace of Mozart, so there was a lot of Mozart paraphernalia everywhere. I think his home where he grew up was around this street?

possibly? maybe?
Mozart, Mozart, Mozart...

;)

and his home!

his childhood home, that is
 Before the hike, we explored the main city square.

finally, sun after all that cloudiness

wait, the Louvre?! 
mystery archways

the city square beneath the fortress
 Forever proof that I existed in that moment at that place:

twins <3 <3

expensive >:(










What's Austria without pretzels?

the fortress forever looming
 And thus began the hike to the top!


Wishing you were somehow here again....










Starting off with a trip through the cemetery, naturally.




Wishing you were somehow near...

Sometimes it seems, if I just dreamed...ok I'm done
 To the left...
hey, good progress








...and to the right.
coming for ya!!!!
 It was a long hike, I promise. We saw many towers and archways and old stone, just tastes of what was to come.

tower #9246

























hey it's me!

 Fortress, this way!

<---


After many long years, we made it to the top!

city through a barred window

city through a window tampered with by Ron Weasley


details

Salzburg from above!

it's a-me!


 After the fortress, we headed over to the Augustiner Braustubl, or the run-by-monks brewery!


entryway

Beer please!

























such Austrian food

the dining hall, ft. my thumb
 To be perfectly frank, the beer was much too dark for me, but the meat was very welcome in my stomach.

After the brewery, we trekked back down for some final, picturesque views.

the hiiiiiiills are aliiiiive

with the soooound of muuuuusic....
And thus, my three-day journey to Budapest, Vienna, and Salzburg was complete. But my time with Prussia had just begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment